I completed my first baby blanket as pictured. It was a great learning exercise, as I have figured out that I bind off too tightly. So, now I know to use one needle size up in order to finish the blanket. I also learned more about weaving in the ends, and so I am less daunted by multiple skein projects. I also wonder if this is one of those items that needs to be blocked. Good questions to ask, but not so many answers I guess.
Pattern: Basketweave Blanket from Knit Baby Blankets! by Gwen Steege
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted in Color #1232 (in the Forest Colorway)
Start Date: August 2006
Finish Date: December 2006 (with a good 8 weeks off in between)
Completed for: A friend whose baby is due any day
-B





1 comment:
I'll have to take a look at that patern, looks like a nice size. and not too hard of a pattern.
-E
Post a Comment