Sunday, September 16, 2007

FOs and a Drop Spindle Kit

Well, I have officially blocked the Derby Poncho. Below are some pictures that DH took for me of the work in full and in detail.



I feel really accomplished with this knit because I feel like it sets me up to try my hand at a sweater. I think it will be one from Rowan. I have the yarn since I ordered it from Webs last spring when it was on closeout. So, it's just a matter of finishing some FOs from the list on the right before I cast on. Speaking of UFOs, I am about half way through the Chevron Scarf, just cast on My So-Called Scarf in the Manos #113 colorway, and am working on the second square of the Heirloom Afghan. I feel like I need to get at least one of those off the needles before taking on the sweater project. I've been working most on the Chevron. I've gotten hooked on the "Watch Now" feature of Netflix, so I've been watching the first season of Law & Order: SVU while the Chevron and I bond.

I also finished the Everlasting Bagstopper, but will hold off on posting pictures of it until the intended user has received it. Once she has, I will have a flurry of this project that I am destined to knit again.

I have been itching to try my hand at spinning, but don't want to rush into it. So, I picked up a Drop Spindle Kit over the weekend. I am excited to try it out and see how I do. The kit is a great one put together by Aboundingful Farm . I will keep you updated on the progress as it develops. Maybe I'll see how it takes by the time Rhinebeck rolls around, and perhaps I will come home with some fleeces to spin on my own. Only 34 days until Rhinebeck is here, so I keep knitting to feel like I have gotten through a good amount of stash to justify the cash that will be dropped that weekend. Can't wait!

-B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely color! Yay for finishing!

Unknown said...

You get to go to Rhinebeck . . . I am so jealous! Happy times finishing your WIP.