
I have continued to read the Knitting Mysteries by Maggie Sefton. I finished book two, Needled to Death, a few weeks ago, and once again enjoyed the adventures of Kelly and her friends as they piece together another murder mystery in their knitting community. The characters were better developed in this second book, but the author continues to try and have too many friends at the knitting shop, and therefore, since not many of them have developed solid plot lines, they are often confused for each other by this reader. I wish she would pare down the amount of characters and focus on the story, but perhaps she has something planned for all of them in future books. I already have reserved the next book in the series, A Deadly Yarn, at the library in hopes that the series improves.

The other knitting mystery that I read last month was Knit Fast, Die Young by Mary Kruger. I totally love this series. What Sefton is still working through, Kruger does wonderfully. The mystery is interesting, Kruger does an amazing job of developing characters that matter, and I would love to visit the imaginary shop in the book. As someone who has spent time in the Buzzards Bay area of Massachusetts, I also enjoy the regional references that Ms. Kruger provides since she lives there. Ariadne, LYS owner and designer, and Diane, her best friend and spinner, team up again in this book with Ariadne's possible boyfriend, Detective Josh Pierce, to solve mysteries and keep their daily lives as sane as possible. I can't wait for the next one in this series, but don't know when it's coming. Here's to soon!
-B





No comments:
Post a Comment