Sunday, August 19, 2007

Knitting in the Mountains

While there were grand plans to get some pics of me knitting the Everlasting Bagstopper from Knitty while we were out camping this weekend, I sadly left it in the car. I picked this pattern as gift to make for a friend of ours. I have picked up, no pun intended, a new skill in this project...picking up stitches. I found some good help over on knittinghelp.com, and got past turning the the straight knitting into circular knitting and even switched needle sizes. I have a feeling that that bag is going to move quickly, and it may become the Christmas gift that everyone will be receiving this year. I like the ease of the pattern, making homemade gifts for presents, and the message behind the reusable bag. DH and I have been very conscious about being green for the majority of our adult lives, but always like passing some knowledge and awareness on to others.

As far as other knitting news, I have started to read the second novel in the series that started with Died in the Wool. Knit Fast, Die Hard continues the mysterious adventures of Freeport, Massachusetts residents Ari and Diane. Ari owns Ariadne's Web, the LYS, and always seems to be stumbling across a murder mystery. I really enjoy this series because the characters are well developed and Mary Kruger keeps the main characters to a minimum in order for the reader to know them well. Also, the poncho is done!!! I will be posting pictures of the final piece later this week.

-B

No comments: