Friday, August 3, 2007

Oh, Blocking Board, My Blocking Board

A while back, DH and I decided that we could get ourselves a wedding treat. He chose a shiny new bass guitar, and I chose to spend some dough at Rhinebeck, on classes at the LYS, and on a blocking board, pins, and sock blockers from Webs. So, after having the new board in the living room for a couple of weeks, I decided to take it for a test drive.



Pictured is the first afghan square of the month that I am working on in a class at the LYS. We will do a square a month for the next 20 months and then I will have an heirloom afghan. The yarn that I am using is Babe in Lemon. It's a yarn from The Fibre Company, and it is delicious. Very soft! Oh, the alpaca! The pattern comes from the Leisure Arts book entitled 60 Easy-to-Knit Pattern Stitches Combine to Create Sampler Afghans.



Pictured above on the blocking board is my first ballband dishcloth. It's knit up in Mulberry from Reynolds Saucy and Hot Orange from Sugar n Cream. A quick an easy pattern from Mason-Dixon Knitting.



This picture gives you a peak at the size of the board that I ordered. I am thrilled that I made this investment because of the afghan project. I think it will prove to be a great asset.

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my blocking board too! Isn't it cool?