Monday, February 16, 2009

State of the UFOs

I've been plugging away on a couple of items and letting two other languish in despair. I thought that I'd post some progress photos and updates and talk about my plan for tackling these in the next two months.


First up is the Clapotis for my sister. I've been making it in Brooks Farm Duet in this beautiful black. I had originally bought 3 skeins of it, but think that one or maybe one and a bit will do the trick. I'm almost done with the big set of repeats and am making my way to the decreases. I work on it a bit each night, and always get a bunch done at Stitch n Bitch on Tuesday nights. This project has priority since I'd like to give it to her by her birthday (April) and cause I need the needles to do two more Calorimetries that a friend requested.



Next up are my Serendipity Socks from the January '08 Rockin' Sock Club kit. Well, these have been languishing, but they are second in line for finishing. For some reasons, socks have me nervous. I just need to bite the bullet and make 'em though or all of the gorgeous sock yarn that I buy is just going to be cute and not cute and functional.



This is the Tapestry Cowl that I have started and restarted five times. I guess that sixth time will be the charm. I messed up the join for the first row in the round and want to go back and fix it. I save this project for Knit Night at my LYS since that's where I bought the yarn and prefer to work with items that I've bought there instead of using outside yarn.



Finally, these are the Saartje's Bootees that I started last August. The intended baby has been born and already would have grown out of these. So, bibs and burp cloths were made in lieu of these and now I just have to make a bunch from the sock yarn that I'm using and keep them on hold for future babies.

So, that's it for UFOs. Hopefully, in a while I will have some FOs with which to update the blog.

-B

No comments: