Monday, May 18, 2009

One Sock Wonder

So knitting has occurred. Slowly but surely. Although I seem to be a one sock wonder as of late. I think at last count I had 4 single socks finished before a complete pair. But with spring has come a desire to clean up the impossibly messy knitting basket. And I've been on a sock yarn obsession as of late, so I thought I might want to start knitting with some of them. So I'll post my first of hopefully many completed socks over the next few months.

Along with my one sock wonder status, I seem to have developed a love of variegated green yarns. I'll blame my Irish (as in Notre Dame, not Ireland) for this love of Kelley green yarn. But unfortunately I'm beginning to realize that variegated green yarn often times will end up looking like camo...of which I am not in love. So here is my first completed project in months.

Irish Charades

DP US2
Flat Feet - Special Dye Lot

The first picture shows the full skein purchased. I knit from one end and loved that I did not have any knots/tangles to deal with...typical problem for me. Second picture shows the preblocked picture of the socks. So they were all still crinkly from knitting from the preknit flats.
















I still have a good chunk of the second flat left. Not sure whether I should try and knit another pair of shorter socks from the toe up or something else with the remainder. The second shows the post-blocked socks...still a little damp, but we needed some new knitting on the site.

S