I needed a somewhat neutral shawl to wear with a few sleeveless dresses. So I used the cape cod silky merino malabrigo...love love love this yarn. Although I have a very habit of running out of yarn making these shawls. In fact I thought I had enough yarn to do another 2 rows. Clearly not as I had to rip back half a row and bind off with all the possible scraps I could possibly find. Including the yarn used to separate the skeins and the tails of some of the new skeins I attached.
I even got to play with some new toys. The blocking boards and the blocking wires. They worked well. Loved the blocking wires and the fact I didn't have to use towels to block. I didn't have an issue pinning into the carpet when I lived in an apartment but I have real issues pinning to my carpet that I'm paying a mortgage on.
So here is my textured shawl in malabrigo silky merino (US 8) and all its tails.
S





4 comments:
Gorgeous!
The shawl is simply gorgeous! I am knitting a similar pattern right now, though I am using a thicker yarn. I love how yours came out! It is simply beautiful.
Also wanted to let you know that I moved my blog to a new location and have a few new surprises up my sleeve! To kick things off, I have a free downloadable gift. Stop by if you get a chance. :) The new address is: http://reclaimingthehome.blogspot.com/
HUGS!
Kristin
Also wanted to let you know that I am having a big giveaway on the blog and sign-ups last until Sunday night! The giveaway was given to RTH by the ever-inspiring author of Craft Nectar. Hope to see you there! :) http://reclaimingthehome.blogspot.com/
this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Post a Comment