Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Because I had nothing better to do

Ok, maybe I had some better things to do. A lot of other things that should have been doing. But I decided to try weaving. I have way too much sock yarn that I need to figure out how to knit socks faster or do something to use the yarn. So weaving it was. This represents two skeins of koigu that I had bought for color work mittens and didn't like how it turnd out. I decided they were a good starting yarn for the weaving. I managed to get my new ashford loom all put together....and warped without too many problems. And it's clear on the scarf which I started with and ended with as the edges were more consistent on the second half. I keep reminding myself it was the same way with knitting.

So my first weaving project is all finished. Washed and ready to wear. Amazingly soft, bled a little when washing it. Now if I could just finish my second bella mitten so I'm finished before the first snow comes.

S











3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Fantastic! I am going to fight the urge now to not buy a loom. Must use the spinning wheel first.

Alison said...

Looks like yet another fantastic hobby... oh, if only I could get more hours in my days and more days in my weeks!

KR said...

Its beautiful!