Monday, January 11, 2010

Knitting over the holidays

I was inspired to finally finish the blue pair of Jaywalkers over the holidays, and between that and the news that one of my closest friends is expecting a girl and my brother and SIL is expecting a boy this summer, I started thinking of the things I can make. So here's some of the things I finished in the last couple of weeks.

Pattern: Jaywalker socks by Grumperina (no modificati
on)
Yarn: knitpicks bare fingering weight kool-aid dyed
Needle size 0 double points (yes this is the finished pair I started back in April)


This was a quick knit for my friend who's expecting a baby girl, took a couple of hours. but of course, she forgot it when I saw her this weekend.

Pattern: Spur of the moment baby Hat (aka Ruffled baby Hat) by Little Sesame Knits (no modifications)
Yarn: Berroco Pure Merino DK in Pink
Needles: size 7 double points.

Here's the second stuffed toy pattern (I plan on working my way through them all). I think this one turned out better, not sure if it's the design or if I'm just getting better at it.

Pattern: Elijah by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Lion's brand wool-ease
Needle: size 3 double points.

the ears on him was difficult to work with, and for some reason the french knot for the eyes worked out better on one than the other and I couldn't fix it. shown here with Sophie.


and finally, here's a pair of baby socks using up some of the kool-aid dyed yarn.

Pattern: Lion's Brand Knit mini Magic socks (didn't bother changing needle sizes)
Yarn: knitpicks bare
needle: size 2 double points.

I also made a baby shrug that was sized down from an adult anthropologie design, but need to find the info before I post, it was from the summer.

that's all for now.

-E

No comments: