
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing E and S with their handknits at my wedding this past weekend, and was thrilled when DH (no longer DF) said that his gift to me was some fun money for Rhinebeck in October. This is one of the many reasons that I love him; he totally gets the knitting! We had a wonderful time with our family and friends at the ceremony and at the reception. We had gorgeous weather, and everything went very smoothly. Before we left for the festivities, I finished one of the many knitting mysteries that are out there. This one was Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton. The mystery takes place in Fort Connors, Colorado. Kelly Flynn has returned to her aunt's home because her aunt has been murdered by what they think is a local vagrant. Her aunt was a die-hard, no pun intended, knitter and the ladies at the local yarn shop soon befriend Kelly, and aid her in solving the mystery. The book is a good beach read, and isn't too difficult to follow. It also has accurate knitting content, and a cute pattern and recipe in the back. This is the first in a series of mysteries, and I will definitely get the others from the library this summer. If you are looking for a light read, then this series would be a good one for you.
In knitting, I apologize that the percentage buttons have not changed on my projects, but the computer that has the buttons is temporarily out of service until we get a new monitor. I am almost finished with the poncho, and think that I could be done by the weekend's end. I will post some pics of some charity knitting and of course, the newest dishcloth KAL when they are completed by tomorrow. I am off to Open Knit tonight at my LYS to finish the first "square of the month." I have started a class there this summer, and will be completing a square or two each month to have an afghan by the end of the year. Very exciting to be starting my first heirloom project for my new family.
-B





No comments:
Post a Comment