Monday, January 28, 2008

Heirloom Afghan Update and My So Called Scarf

I have been slowly piecing together an heirloom afghan over the past few months. I've only got two squares done, but my KAL within and KAL project over on Stashalong is to get a third one done in February. Here are the two squares so far. Both patterns can be found in the 60 Easy to Knit Pattern Stitches book from Leisure Arts. Both squares have been made using the Babe yarn from The Fibre Company and on size 7 straight bamboo needles. The first one is the Hourglass Eyelets pattern in the Lemon colorway.

The next square is the Double Parallelogram pattern and is in the Babe Green colorway.



I enjoyed making both, and picked up some single crochet skills for the borders.

I also finished My So Called Scarf over the Christmas vacation. I looooooove this colorway, #113 in Manos del Uruguay, and have already worn it out and received compliments. I was unsure of the Manos when it was in the skein and it felt a little itchy, but it was a dream to knit with and I look forward to working with it again. Here is a detail picture and two pictures of it folded in half. I used both skeins in full and love the length.













I'll be back tomorrow with another update and much SQUEEEEing over my Rockin' Sock Club first shipment.

-B

2 comments:

knitting harvest said...

All kinds of great FOs there. The Heirloom afghan is going to be gorgeous when you get it finished! And your my so-called scarf has inspried me to do my own.

S

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf! That's going to be a gorgeous afghan!