Sunday, March 9, 2008

Felted Yoga Bag

So finally an unfrogged finished project to show. I got some Cascade 220 for Christmas that I wasn't sure was the right hat and scarf color for me. So I needed to figure out something to do with it. I realized I didn't want one bag that was all one color so I found another heathered Cascade 220 that I thought would look nice with the aqua color. You can't really see it in the picture but the aqua has a fairly blue heather to it. I'd been thinking about knitting the Felted Yoga Bag out of Last Minute Knitted gifts (a book that I am realizing their estimated times are way off and take nowhere near their suggested times, or maybe I'm just really slow, but I'm going with the idea they are way off and not me). And I've never felted anything before, so I thought it might be entertaining. So preblocking here is my new yoga bag.


And now for the bag post-felting.

The aqua felted a little faster than the navy apparently. And the strap is a little longer than it
needed to be, but it'll still work and is honestly a lot easier to package up after a yoga class, if I can get myself going again. But at least I have a cute bag to carry the mat.
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is cute! Good job!

Rima said...

Very nice. It is the perfect size...

knitting harvest said...

Awesome job S! I love the bag and it's such a great felting project. Glad that you could find a good project for the yarn that you got. -B