Monday, March 24, 2008

Honeymoon Yarn Expedition

Well, not much knitting has been happening in my household this month as DH and I took our two week honeymoon to Italy. We had a wonderful time, and even got to visit a couple of yarn shops in Florence. I had earned a free day from Stashalong for completing the afghan square back in February, so I saved it for our trip. First, we went to Campolmi, which is in the center of the city. This shop is huge! The staff was lovely, but spoke limited English, so we negotiated our way through business and I ended up with the skein below.



The prices were great (1,50 Euro/$3 for the skein). It's not going to become any knitted item, but instead will be one of our momentos from the trip.

Next up, we went to Beatrice Galli.
Beatrice and her husband were there, and they were lovely too. I took my time and looked at the products that were made in Italy, since that meant more than buying a yarn that wasn't local. I came away with some Filatura di Crosa Cashmere/Seta (Gray and Orange), and some Mondial Giada (3 skeins in a Smoky Blue). Lovely yarns, and hopefully, Ravelry will help me figure out what to make them with.



I keep working on the Minimalist Cardigan and almost have the right front done! I also started the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf in some Mountain Colors yarn that I had in the stash. It's back to work tomorrow for us, so knitting in the evenings while watching the Yankees in spring training and the start of the regular season will begin again.
-B

No comments: