Thursday, June 5, 2008

Malabrigo Monsoon

It's been a while since I've posted, so I have a few projects. In between looking for housing and wraping up the end of the school year...it unfortunately is dragging into the next school year. But if there are any accountants out there reading this, I could use a little help with something. Anyway, so I've been on a Malabrigo yarn kick...as I currently have 3 completed projects to show you that have all been done with Malabrigo (although varying shades).

Project 1 - Shifting Sands
I actually think I followed Brooklyn Tweeds modifications without knowing exactly what his modifications were until after I finished. So that is decreasing the CO to 42 stitches I believe. I used size 8 bamboo. Yarn color was Vaa. I have no clue who is going to be the receiver of this. I am working on a hat to match it. It's a little shorter than I would like, bt I guess its too late now, blocking did help some. As the weather has risen to above 90 here today, I have no desire to wrap pure merino around my neck currently, Pooh bear has graciously volunteered to model my Malabrigo projects for me.





Project 2 - A better bucket

This was a fairly quick project. But I thought it would make a nice winter hat without looking like I should be hitting the ski slopes on my way to class next winter. The only modification I did to the project was go up a needle size. I apparently have a large head and knew there was no way I could fit the hat as it was knittin gup to begin with.


Project 3 - Calometry (sp?)


I needed something to wear if I ever get ambitious and start running again. And this is wide enough to cover the ears, but not so wide it will drive me nuts. I changed the cast on to 90 stitches, used size 8 and basically repeated row 5 until I thought I would run out of yarn finishing it up...And I think I"m pretty close to that, maybe a few yards left.

That's it for now. I think I've again frogged more than I've finished lately.

S



1 comment:

Heather said...

Your bear...he doesn't have eyes! What happened?! Poor little guy...

Hope your move goes smoothly. We've finally unpacked enough that it feels more homey...but I bet it'll be close to 6 months before we're really unpacked. Ah, the joys of moving.

Say "hi" on Ravelry sometime. :~) Miss ya. - h.