Well, if you've been reading this blog with regularity, you will have noticed that several of my friends have had babies this year. MK had a little girl in mid-June and I am sending her gifts out tomorrow in the mail. I made another two Baby Genius Burp Cloths from Mason Dixon, and found this cute Letter A washcloth pattern for A to have a big sister gift. They are all made from Lily Sugar 'n Cream in a variety of colors.
Next up, we have two Burp Cloths for J, my sister's best friend. She had a little boy almost on the same day that MK had her little girl. She says that she can't get enough burp cloths as he seems to be using them left and right. This is also made from Lily Sugar 'n Cream.
Once I got through the baby knitting, I got back to making an item for myself. I am tragically behind in my Rockin' Sock Club patterns, but have been making better headway as of late. The picture doesn't do any justice for the colors. I'm not a red person, but I am enjoying this (Dragon Dance). The pattern has been calling for me to learn many new techniques. I figured out short rows, thanks to a couple of forum posts on Ravelry that were answered by the designer herself, and this great video from Cat Bordhi on YouTube. Thank goodness for YouTube! I'm almost at the toe, and between packing up and moving this week, it may have to wait a bit. I have the goal of starting on the second sock as soon as I wrap up the first so that the pair can be complete.
-B





No comments:
Post a Comment