Sunday, August 3, 2008

Let the Holiday Knitting Begin

Last year, I chose not to knit our holiday gifts because we were so busy and stressed out last fall. This year, I am getting a jump on things. I am sans camera currently as we are in the midst of a move, but I have started one holiday knitting project. I am doing the Noro Scarf by Jared Flood. I can't name who the gift is for in case that person is reading this blog. It's a fairly easy pattern and I am using the Noro Silk Garden yarn for the first time. I love the subtlety of the colors and will definitely look for something else to knit up with this yarn. It's going to be my Stitch 'n Pitch project for the game this week.

Also, I thought we were done with the babies, but apparently we have another friend delivering shortly. Mental Note: Must be better about keeping in touch with people this fall. So, for that friend, I have stepped away from bibs and the burp cloths and started a pair of Saartje's bootees. I have to look up some questions about doing it all in one yarn and making the button loops work, but other than that, I am off to a good start. Once we get settled, I'll post a progress photo on the bootees.

-B

No comments: