Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Knits, Baby Knits, Baby Knits





I have three friends who are having babies this year. Two are going to be second time moms, and the other is having her first girl. After the barrage of holiday knits, I had debated between making booties and making my go to bib and burp cloth combo. I decided on doing some easy knitting and chose the old standby. I'm actually starting to run low on my Lily Sugar n Cream stash from the great Rag Shop sale of '07. I really like this yarn (and keep my fingers crossed that they will someday launch on organic cotton version). It's easy to knit with, my fingers don't get too dry and the colors are fun. The first set of bibs are in the Summer Splash colorway, and the two sets of burp cloths are in Ecru, Pastel Delights and Landscape. For the Pastel Delights and Landscape ones, I made the pattern shorter because one ball of yarn only gets you to about 50 rows instead of 61 or 62. It still falls over the shoulder well enough to serve its purpose (or so I hope). The last two bibs are made in the Peach colorway from some gifted Bernat Gloucester Sport. A friend had originally bought the yarn for a sweater, but abandoned the project and gifted me with the remains when she saw me knitting baby items last summer. I like the Peach colorway and the yarn was smooth and easy to work with.

This weekend, I'll be venturing to my LYS on Sunday for their Super Bowl Sale. I've got to get some more T-pins for blocking and the creator of Black Bunny Fibers and author of Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn, Carol Sulcoski, will be doing a book signing. Hopefully, I keep the spending limited to the amount of yarn that I have used up this month. Wish me luck!!

-B

No comments: