Moss Stitch Scarf
Yarn: Reynolds Blizzard (2 balls)
Needles: Clover Bamboo, size 15
Pattern: My own design
Start: September 2007
Finished: October 1, 2007
I've had the yarn for a while and knew what I wanted to do with it, just lacked the motivation or focus to get it started. It's just a basic scarf in a moss stitch. I have one more ball that will probably get used for a matching moss stitch hat. Its very fuzzy and warm. It would make a very good go play in the snow hat. I realized after the fact it would have been far easier if I had added or subtracted one stitch instead of having to figure out whether I needed to knit or pul when turning.
Here and There Cables
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 8 balls
Needles: Clover Bamboo, size 8
Pattern: Scarf Style - Here and There Cables
Started: April 17, 2007
Finished: October 1, 2007
This was scarf was started when I needed a project that could travel home with me last spring. I never thought this project could possibly take this long. Its one of those projects you need to pay attention to to make sure you're cabling the right rows...which there are many errors in the project. I did add two rows between cables. It started out as a mistake, and I realized I liked them better when they were spread out more. But 8 balls of cashmerino seems to go on and on. And I finally finished it all last night and wove in all the ends. I think it may become a christmas present for a friend that isn't aware of the blog. But I am very happy to have it finished, finally. I had to include the picture of weighing the scarf as it was a bit cumbersome and heavy towards the end, but very warm and fuzzy.
More finished projects to come soon.
-S





2 comments:
Beautiful scarves!
Your scarves are really pretty. Love the moss stitch and WOW those cables!!!
Post a Comment