Now, my sister and I both competed nationally in our sport, and my mother raised us, so the competitive juices were flowing. Mom hopped on line to hold our place and sis and I dove into the group. She was just going in to help, but after glancing at some colors, she suddenly had a skein in her fist. We made our way back out to take mom's spot so that she could wander, and hopped on line. We got through the line in about ten minutes (not the long lines anywhere like last year), and by the time we paid, sis had added another skein to her bag. Below is our haul:
Next stop was Brooks Farm, where I purchased the following to do two Clapotises:
After we got through building A, we wandered over to watch the Border Collies catch frisbees and sheep. We dropped the first part of the haul off at the car and came back to have BBQ lamb for lunch. Next, we had a great time walking through the livestock barns. Llamas, alpacas, and sheep! Oh my! I bought these two skeins at the Staghorn Alpaca booth:
I love that they name their colorways after the alpacas from which the fiber came! This is a booth that DH and I hovered around last year, but I was too nervous to buy since I didn't really have a project for it. Apparently, that same situation did not hold me back this year.
We stopped by Hope Spinnery and Maple Creek too. I had wanted to make the Hourglass Sweater that S made in Maple Creek, but they didn't have enough superwash merino for my size of the sweater. Hope Spinnery was nice and a cute booth, but I feel like I need to get some projects out of the way before I buy anymore.
We were at the fairgrounds for about five hours and had a blast. My mom loved spending the day with her two girls and finally understood why knitters moan and gasp as if in ecstasy when we touch yarn (not something she got when listening to the Harlot the previous night). My sister and I have already planned that we will get a BnB with our husbands and make a weekend of it next year. All in all, a great day.
-B





1 comment:
Looks like a great haul! And sounds like you had fun. Glad you could pull K into the addiction with us. One problem with next year...isn't there a wedding on the that weekend?
S
Post a Comment