Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Mom met the Yarn Harlot

Yup, my mom rocks! A couple of week ago, I mentioned to my mom that the Yarn Harlot was going to be speaking in her area. I wouldn't be able to make the drive there and back, but wanted her to let one of the knitters nearby that it was happening. Now, my mom know how to knit, but doesn't really enjoy it. However, since the days of waiting in a 4am line for Cabbage Patch Kids, you know that she is willing to attend any event that her kids mention. And so, she saw the Harlot. When she and my sister came the next morning to get me for Rhinebeck, she had a copy of At Knit's End and Casts Off in hand. Not only had she gone to the talk (and laughed uproariously), she had Stephanie Pearl-McPhee sign the books for me. Yay!

In other equally good news, I am now the proud owner of some Sundara Yarn. I finally bit the bullet and ordered these 5 skeins of Sport Merino in Green over Sand. They arrived today and I am happy that I ordered when I did. Check out Sundara's site for information about her switching mills and how it may be affecting pricing. I will continue to order from her and the prices won't dissuade me as the yarn is as gorgeous as everyone claims it to be.



Finally, I finished the chevron!
Man, this did take me awhile with many weeks where knitting was non-existent. But, I am thrilled with the outcome. I got home early from work today and took advantage of the light and our adorable backyard. I used almost the entire yardage in the two skeins of Koigu and knit it on size fives in bamboo straights. The two Koigu colors were 524 and 107. I can't wait to wear it both to work and out. Yay! My second wearable knit!



-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful chevron and Sundara yarn! Your mom rocks!