The main reason why I am buying handmade this holiday season is to help promote artists and artisans who are independent and selling what comes from their hearts and minds. The second reason is to take a break from the big box stores and encourage originality. The third is the mall. The mall on a Saturday scares me, and that tends to be why I shop on random weeknights if I have to go. But, we have DH's 10th high school reunion tonight and I needed a new pair of "slimming" underwear and a new lip gloss from Bare Escentuals at Sephora. I somehow got in and out in 30 minutes and was relatively unscathed. However, I could not get over how busy it was. I have never been a Black Friday shopper (except for when I ordered handmade Hanukkah cards from etsy.com yesterday), so I was blown away by the crowds today. Well, I better get back to coordinating our holiday card list so that I can start getting a few done each night over the next two weeks. Best of luck to all of you braving the malls!
-B
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment