Work overtook in the months of April, May and June, so I have just recently gotten back to knitting often and I've had a great number of baby knits to make for friends who recently gave birth or are expecting in the fall. First up are two bib and burp cloths from the first
Mason Dixon pattern book. They are bound for Virginia where they will help to care for my friend's brand new baby boy. These are the best baby gift projects. I can get them done at night while we watch tv and the patterns are easy and fun.


My mom and I also discovered a local alpaca farm at the start of June.
Scotia Acres is about 30 minutes away and they raise alpacas and sell their own wool. The two skeins pictured below are Elvis (the gray one) and Pure Gold (the brown one). The colorw

ays are the names of the animals from which they are shorn, so I will know who to ask for when I go back for more. It's great to find local yarn that looks and feels great. Can't wait to see how it knits up. This holiday season may be the season of alpaca h

ats and mittens.
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment