This purse was a big acheivement for me, both for its technique challenges and for my confidence as a knitter. I started the bag in class this past summer at my LYS. I signed up for hte class becasue I wanted the opportunity to learn the cable technique. I didn't quite realize the variety of other techniques that I would pick up along the way. I learned how to sew in a lining. Although the lining itself was sewn by my instructor as I do not have a sewing machine. I learned how to weave in ends since before I used to just tie a knot. Oh, the horror! I also learned how to stain wood. Yes, the project required just the smallest woodworking skills. ;) The most difficult part was making certain that I had all of the stitches accounted for as I wound the yarn around the dowels. I definitely became comfortable with starting over on this one! I definitely would do this project again in another color combination, seeing that if I did it start to finish without any procrastination, I might be able to do it in two weeks total. Overall a great project.
Yarn: Cascade Venezia (70% Merino Wool / 30% Silk) in Colorway 119
Pattern: Cable Knit Purse from my LYS
Ribbon: Pure Color from Morex Corp. #996 Grosgrain
Started: July 2006
Finished: February 8, 2007
-B





6 comments:
Wow! i'm impressed (fellow SALer)
That is awesome! Congratulations on learning all those techniques and making a fabulous bag.
What a great purse! I love it!
Hey B,
Looks great. Very cute!!!
S
Simply beautiful. I love the richness of the color too. Where can I find this pattern? or was it one exclusive to your class? Thx for sharing. ;D (SAL)
Btw, sorry about the deleted post ~ I press something and thought I left this randomly on another's ;D
Post a Comment