Monday, March 19, 2007

New projects and substituting yarns

Set out to work on a new adult sweater, and found what looks like a pretty quick and easy pattern from the Hollywood Knits book. Went and ordered some subsitute yarn from knitpicks, but alas, I did not check the yardage of the substitute yarn, only when I started the project and realized that the yarn was going much faster than the project, did I check and saw that the yarn I picked was only 75 yards a skein compared to 150 yards in the original yarn. Oh well, live and learn. so that project is on hold until I can get the rest of the yarn (which should be at the end of this week). In the mean time I'm about finished with another morehouse toddler sweater, just have half a sleeve to go. But so far I'm not feeling the color combo, I'll put up a picture when I'm done and see what you guys think.

Had planned on bring it with me today on the way to work (an hour train ride to go out to Jersey), but was running late and didn't bother. so it'll have to wait to finish.

At the rate these 2 sweaters are going, I might need to find a new project for my trip to FL in April.

-E

No comments: