Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Frogging of the Sock

Last night, I sat down and did my few rows of the new Dishcloth KAL, which is looking very cute, and then I turned and picked up my blue-green simple sock to finish the first sock. Oh, what a poor idea that was. See, I started this sock in a class last July, and the last time that I picked up said sock was last August. Now, maybe I only really enjoy working on socks in months that start with A, but man was I stumped last night. I was knitting the knit stitch all the way around, but it was coming out in garter instead of stockinette like it was supposed to. I had no idea what I was doing, and I looked at it, thought that I have Open Knit on Thursday night, and frogged the whole thing. The mission is to restart the sock either this Thursday or next and power on to re-learn the skills that I have forgotten. I know that some people obsess over the knitting of socks, but I am certainly struggling to find the sock logo. Acknowledge the 0% bar under the socks in the sidebar, and please send me good sock vibes.

-B

P.S. Of course, I somehow have made a mistake in the Derby Poncho as well, but that's another post.

No comments: