A few weeks ago, I finished another of Maggie Sefton's knitting mysteries. This time, I read the third installment, A Deadly Yarn, and I feel like it's the one in which Sefton finds her stride. After having read two of the books, I was starting to sort through the characters, and in this book, Sefton doesn't try to have all of the minor characters play major roles, which makes for a more cohesive story. Kelly Flynn once again is playing detective in Fort Connor. This time a friend named Allison has been murdered, and she and Megan, another friend, are out to solve the mystery. Also, Kelly's relationship with Steve, a local developer, is moving forward, and she continues to explore the world of knitting. Sefton includes several of the minor characters from the other books, but does so more seamlessly. I'm enjoying this series since it gets better on each outing. The fourth book is entitled, A Killer Stitch, and the fifth book, Dyer Consequences, is being released in June 2008. I'll be getting both from the library in due time.On the knitting front, I have two FOs to block and take pictures of when they are ready. I completed My So-Called Scarf and the second square for my Heirloom Afghan. I've got to put away some holiday items in order to make room for my blocking board, but pictures should be ready in a couple of days. Progress continues on the Minimalist Cardigan as I make my way through the back piece. I agree with S when she states that she will be doing something other than moss stitch after this project. It's a beautiful design, but one that I definitely need a smaller project to balance myself when I hit a plateau with it. I'm off to work on it now though. Good luck to those of you finishing up UFOs before 2008, and Happy New Year to everyone!
-B





No comments:
Post a Comment