Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mittens for Winter



Just to prove that someone other than B has been knitting. As the weather has started to turn a little cold out here, I decided it might be a good time to try and actually finish (and we all know I mean start) some cold weather gear.

Gifted Mittens by Kate Gilbert

1 skein Debbie Bliss Superchunky Cashmerino
8 dpn and 10.5 circular and dpn clovers
Started 11/29 - Finished 11/30

Loved the pattern. Very quick knit. Love the yarn as anyone that knows my knitting, I will use any excuse I can to knit with it. Although they don't quite look like a matched pair, doesn't really matter as they are the softest mittens I've ever owned. Now if I could just figure out exactly how to modify the pattern to make them fliptops. I am working on that. I have one finished. We'll see if I do the second one.

I am working on some other projects...I just need to do some finishing. Maybe over Christmas.

S

1 comment:

tiennieknits said...

Great mitts! Perfect for this time of year!