Friday, December 7, 2007

FO to report


And another finished object to report. I feel like I've been slogging along on this thing forever, but I'm also feeling that it's soft I may never take it off. And while it was an easy, easy knit, it seemed to go on forever. Included is the obligatory bathroom mirror shot as thee is no one to take it for me...and the real camera seems to provide far more flatter pictures than my built in camera on the laptop. Still not the best picture, but I'll take what I can get without a makeup artist and hairstylist after the week its been.

Silk Shrug from Blue Sky Alpaca
7.5 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca - Alpaca Silk in Plum
Addi Turbos US 4 and 9
It was a really easy knit requiring only knit, purl, increase and decrease. No adaptations to the patten. Loving the softness though. Only complaint with the yarn ws that I kept having to cut little balls of fuzz that formed on around the yarn I was working with. As well as some knots as E will attest to, there was always a knot when I talked to her.
Next project is the minialist with B.
S.


4 comments:

knitting harvest said...

Adorable and cozy! I love it, and have it added to the Ravelry list as something for me after I get to winter break! Congrats on another great FO! -B

LauraRN said...

Hope all's well with you. Love the shrug-- and the mitts.

Laura-- from the Hokie sew-up-a-thon last summer

tiennieknits said...

Nicely done!

Kristina B said...

this looks lovely, b.

Thanks for your comment on my Tilted Duster... I'm glad I could give some inspriration. I think I mentioned in my blog post that I had thought initially of doing the side panels in a different colour as well. I would do this with another version but the only colour I had left in the ASC was Misty (grey) and I did not have enough of either of the two contrast colours I used to manage this... so, just another thought :-)

Cheers, and happy holidays!

Kristina