Sunday, February 3, 2008

Diamonds are a girls best friend

The lack of posts has related to my missing camera charger...so new charger and new camera have lead to some finished objects. And looking at my recent project choices, I seem to be subconciously obsessed with diamonds, not the gem kind, although those would be nice too. We'll start with the FOs.

Short Row Hat


This hat took a number of attempts. Dropped stitches, that were impossible to pick up accurately required several froggings. Too tight of a gauge reuired another frogging. So about five starts later, I have a finished hat, although it might be a little longer than I prefer....or my heads a littl shorter than I would prefer. It's currently drying after its washing. So we'll see how long it takes to dry. So final stats.


Needles: US 8 bamboo clovers
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, #252, about 1.5 skeins
Pattern: Short Row Hat
No changes to the the pattern. I'm hoping the Noro softens up after its washing...it was a little scratchy.

Lady Eleanor



Couldn't really see myself wearing a ful lady eleanor, so I modified it to three starting triangles. I was almost through a full skein using 4 triangles originally and decided the scarf was going to be too cumbersome for anyone to wear as a scarf, so I restarted. there seems to be a theme here. And the stats.
Needles: US8 clover bamboo
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #252
Pattern: Lady Eleanor
And a WIP related to a girl's best friend.

Diamond Scarf




As I'm not typically a fan of chunky yarn for most knitting (for scarves I make an exception), I wasn't excitd to buy the book that went with the yarn I bought. So I finally put one of my Vogue Stitchionary books to use to find a similar pattern. And this is what I came up with...very similar to Twinkle's Big City Knits Diamond Scarf. It seems to be working up very quickly. So hopefully it'll be done here shortly.

Yarn: Twinkle Chunky
Needles: US19 Clover Bamboo straight

There are other WIPs, but those can wait for the time being.


-S

1 comment:

knitting harvest said...

All the projects are great! Love the colors in each as well as the designs. Great job!