
I am so excited about some new knitting things in my life! First off, I signed up last year for the Rockin's Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I had finally gotten to see Socks that Rock last year at Rhinbeck and immediately fell in love with the colorways and the feel of this venerable favorite. When I first started listening to Lime n Violet and reading blogs, I didn't get why people would just buy and buy this yarn. I get it now though! I'm trying to Stashalong and use what I own, but man, the BMFA website sure makes it tough. My pledge is that I have to use at least 4 of the skeins that I have now before buying any new ones. Although, new ones will now be arriving every couple of months. We'll see how that all plays out.
I got my first shipment a week ago, and it was on my birthday! This month's colorway is Dragon Dance and the pattern that goes with it is called Serendipity. As you can see from the photo, we also got some swag this month. Two adorable pins that will definitely adorn one of my knitting project bags.
Now, I'm not a red person by any stretch of the imagination. You know how yesterday was Wear Red Day to support Women's Heart Health. Yeah, only one at work not wearing red. I don't own red. I have strawberry blonde hair, fair skin, and green eyes. I look a tad jaundice when I wear red. Hence, no red clothes. But, soon I will have red on my feet! Part of why I, and many others, have joined sock clubs is to get out of our "comfort zones." For me, I will be learning new techniques and exploring new colors. Luckily, the reds and pinks in this month's colorway also fit perfectly into Project Spectrum.
This year, Project Spectrum has been set up as such:
FEBRUARY / MARCH - FIRE - orange, red, pink
APRIL / MAY - EARTH - green, brown, metallics
JUNE / JULY - AIR - gray, white, yellow
AUGUST / SEPTEMBER - WATER - blue, black, purple
Lolly has encouraged folks to explore the Project through many venues. This month, I will be knitting my Dargon Dance socks and exploring the Project Spectrum diet that Bella Knitting posted about yesterday. I'll have to think through what my goals are in order to participate in this interpretation of Project Spectrum and post them later next week. I am anxious to see what people post on the Flickr group as well. It should be inspiring and enjoyable in all of its forms.





No comments:
Post a Comment