Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Loving the quick knits

Another finished object...okay so the sudden number of finished objects is more due to the lack of a functioning camera for the last few months. The diamond scarf is finished, only took a few nights of quick knitting...and a few frogging of bad pattern picking (which seems somewhat consistent with all projects lately. I've tried a number of patters with the yarn...and wasn't a fan until I saw the diamond scarf.
Diamond Scarf
Needles: Clover Bamboo US19
Yarn: Twinkle, Chunky Soft, 100% wool.
Didn't get the pattern from Twinkle, just modified one of the stitch patterns from Vogue Stitchionary. Wasn't sure I would be thrilled with 100% wool. But it was soft as can be. We'll see what its like after it finishes blocking. I hadn't intended to block it necessarily, but the edges seemed to be rolling...I'm hoping blocking helps them a bit.
The scaves really are starting to pile up here...maybe I should start giving them away.
-S

No comments: