So S and I were looking for something for B's Birthday, and decided to get her some new patterns. One of them was the Rusted Root. I was not a huge fan of the pattern that runs down the front of the sweater, but thought the puff sleeve was very cute. I had some yarn that was going to use to make a baby sweater, but as S pointed out, yarn that needs to be hand washed is not the most practical for a baby sweater, so I used it here instead. The sweater was a quick knit, probably only took me about a week to make, I did have to stop to get 1 more ball of yarn, since the I didn't have enough. Also, I think I would put in some vertical darts to bring the waist in a bit for a better fit. Will work on that next.
-E
Pattern: Rusted Root (modified, to skip the leaf pattern)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donagel Luxury Tweed (5 balls in a light blue color)
Needles: size 6 cicular and a set of size 4 double points





1 comment:
Very nicely done! Great fit!
Post a Comment