Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cowl Update

I hit my knitting groove yesterday as I sat down to start the Pashmina Cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I rented the first James Bond movie, Dr. No, from On Demand and settled in for two hours. Before I knew it, I was three inches into this cowl. I know that Ms. Hoverson has gotten some flack for her estimated times on how long these gifts really do take, but she may be accurate on this one. I am loving it and am especially thrilled with how the colors in this yarn are playing out. I am using Tlingit from STR in Mediumweight and am thinking about ordering another skein in order to make myself some standard socks to see how these colors play out again. The subtleties of the purples, greys, greens and blacks and beautiful to see. Even DH commented on how cool they were. I'm about half way done this project and will be working on it some more this evening. I should have holiday gift #2 under my belt by mid-week. Then, it's on to trying my hand at designing my own cowl pattern. -B

No comments: