E was here a couple of weeks ago and left me with another skein of dyeable yarn to play with. Although I had plenty of red kool aid flavors left, I thought I would branch out and try some blue yarn instead. So If I remember my Kool Aid flavors, there were 2 berry blue, 1 blue raspberry lemonad and 1 grape to lessen the flourescence of the colors. And as E will tell you, I have issues with knots in my yarn, both knitting and winding. And this was no different. So here are my end results. 
Saturday of last week I was told that I would be tailgating and going to a football game, with an expected high of something like 30 degrees, I knew my cold weather gear would come in handy. Unfortunately I also realized that I don't actually have a hat that covered my ears, so Saturday night began the finding of the perfect pattern for the yarn that I already had (as there is no local yarn shop). After trying about 4-5 patterns and not getting anywhere near what I wanted, I decided on Monday afternoon I decided I would have to develop my own pattern to be both warm and cute. I have to say that I was completely inspired by the following hat.
So I set about making my own in black Chunky Cashmerino. But the hat needed to be extremely warm, so instead of knitting on the recommended size needles (10.5), I knit it on size 6. Which also meant that I was just hoping that the size I was knitting was the appropriate size for the hat, as at that point I didn't have much else that I could do other than hope and if I didn't finish, go buy a hat...but luckily the results were very cute and warm. The one that I have of me wearing it didn't look quite so cute after spending 5 hours outside.
S





No comments:
Post a Comment