Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Yarn and the Harvest Cowl











I finished another cowl this weekend. I made some modifications to the Pashmina Cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and I really like how it turned out. It stands up a bit better, so wearing it under a heavy coat will be great for the recipient. I basically alternated 10 rows of stockinette with 5 rows of 1 x 1 ribbing.










In addition to finishing the cowl, I received my latest STR Rockin' Sock Club shipment. The color is far and away my favorite, but still not enough to keep me around for next year's club. I will be spending my 10% coupon this week to order a couple more skeins of this colorway, Muddy Autumn Rainbow, and one or two others, and then I'll be trying to find some other clubs to join for next year.










I have a ton of STR and want to branch out a bit. I've been looking at some fiber clubs to get spinning and The Plucky Knitter just to be able to actually grab some of her yarn. It sells out on Etsy faster than anything I have seen. I'm starting another Calorimetry by request from a friend. We are trading a finished headband for some cookies, so I think I'm being well compensated (she's a great baker!). Also, I ordered stitch markers today, since I realized I needed way more than I had for the Clapotis that I keep meaning to start. I found these, these and these over on Etsy and can't wait for them to arrive. On to the next holiday knitting project!
-B

No comments: