Saturday, November 1, 2008

WIPs for October

Well, I'm slowly feeling like I am getting the hang of my new job, so there was some knitting in the month of October. I currently have two baby bibs blocking and a Calorimetry awaiting a button. I also wound the yarn needed for my sister's Clapotis and started on a Pashmina Cowl (Raveled here) as another holiday gift. I'm using Socks that Rock in Tlingit. It took me awhile, but I was excited to find a fingering weight cowl pattern so that I could use some of my sock yarn in something other than socks. I'll either be making two of these cowls for gifts or I may even try my hand at designing my own cowl. I've been playing with ideas as I knit the first one. In the meantime, I realized that I have never posted the fabulous needle case that S made for me a ways back. I needed to go buy some new needles for the cowl, so I had the case out while I checked on my needle inventory and grabbed a photo.



Also, I am a huge proponent of Etsy and as I have been looking at fibers to order, I have come across some other little handmade gems. These earrings are made by Bek. She sells her wares under the store title of Clever Girl Industries. The acorns and leaves have added to my whimsical collection of nature based jewelry and I get a ton of compliments on them. I also love the way that she presents her items. The wrapping, cards, and free notecards immediately put a smile on my face.



Finally, DH and I have been using our Netflix account to catch up on shows that we either missed when they were on or of which we only saw one season or even one episode. It's how we got hooked on Battlestar Galactica and caught up on House. Recently, we have been watching Felicity. The first two seasons were fairly light hearted and followed everyone through the fun, and occasionally awkward college dating years. But, we're currently in season four and dragging ourselves through each episode. Did anyone else notice how depressing season four was? We're not surprised that it did not make it past said season. So, we've decided to choose a comedy for the next go-around. Some ideas are Arrested Development, Scrubs, 30 Rock or Gilmore Girls. Any suggestions or recommendations? We need some laughs!

-B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of S's from VT. I highly recommend Gilmore Girls. The first four and a half seasons of it is some of my favorite television ever. It sort of went downhill the last two and a half seaons, but I still rewatch those first seasons over and over again.

knitting harvest said...

I'm still pushing for Doctor Who! Nothing beats a good British accent! And Torchwood...Mollie would attest to my devotion to Captain Jack Harkness!!

S