Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Book Review: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off


I recently finished the Yarn Harlot's latest effort, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off. Much like the other books that she has written, this one is filled with humor and insight into the mind of a knitter. While her last book, Knitting Rules, dealt with stories about techniques and methods for knitting, this book explores the culture of the land of Knitting. The Yarn Harlot uses her wit and wisdom to explain who knitters are and why they do what they do. She explores the complexity of stash, the different personalities of knitters (those who start projects, and those who finish to name a few), and the cultures of various knitting destinations (yarn shops). I thoroughly enjoyed her newest book and would recommend it to knitters and those who love them. I can always measure how well her humor transfers by how much my DF laughs when I read him excerpts. She has a wonderful way of encapsulating our neuroses as knitters, and making us laugh at ourselves.

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Yarn Harlot's books! She is too funny.