Over a month ago, I saw on the Craftzine blog that Crafty Daisies was hosting a Learn to Crochet 12 week course on their site. Crafty Daisies is a blog, much like ours, where four friends share their crafting endeavors. I kept meaning to begin when the lessons started, but I only just completed the first two lessons last night. Lesson #1 introduces people to abbreviations, directions, and words that one might find in a crochet pattern. I will definitely be referring back to that page as I plug through the homework squares that are assigned after each lesson. Lesson #2 takes the learner through some basic skills such as double crochet, half double crochet, and crochet in the round. This lesson did not include videos, as lesson #1 did, so it was a little more difficult to follow, but I persevered. I am excited about this new skill and craft and am anxious to get started on the homework squares. The goal of the 12 lessons is end up with a lapghan, so the homework squares will be combined in the end. I'm also excited to see that they have established a Flickr group so that folks can post their progress and have a forum to discuss questions. It's an exciting time to be a crafter with the web at your fingertips. It's definitely a lot of fun and clearly educational. I'll be posting my first crochet efforts later next week.
-B
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I've done some crocheting in my time, and it's fun! The feel is different from knitting. Good luck with your learning!
Post a Comment