Hey all you bloggers,
I'm looking for a little help making a decision. I have been trying to find a bag to carry to B's rehersal dinner without any luck, as E can attest to. So as any good knitter would do, I headed to the local yarn store again to get yarn for a new project. In this case it was enough for two small projects (this unfortunately is not the first time I have fallen off the wagon for the stash along, I tried, but failed). So here are the two projects that I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. Neither is completely finished. I've been waiting on the lining fabric for both of the bags and the handles for the chip bag just arrived yesterday. But without further ado, here are the two projects.
I'm looking for a little help making a decision. I have been trying to find a bag to carry to B's rehersal dinner without any luck, as E can attest to. So as any good knitter would do, I headed to the local yarn store again to get yarn for a new project. In this case it was enough for two small projects (this unfortunately is not the first time I have fallen off the wagon for the stash along, I tried, but failed). So here are the two projects that I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. Neither is completely finished. I've been waiting on the lining fabric for both of the bags and the handles for the chip bag just arrived yesterday. But without further ado, here are the two projects.

Chip Bag
Yarn: Laines Du Nord - Cleo (29)
Needles: Clover 7
Started: May 26, 2007
Finished: Sometime in early June, other than handles and lining.
This pattern represented my first attempt to read a chart. Which was quite interesting and only resulted in a few moments of profanity when I hadn't been paying complete attention to the chart. The pattern came free with the yarn purchase and took me just barely into a second ball of yarn.
----------
Second bag represents my first attempt at not really following a pattern of any way shape or form. Just me sort of trying to get something I like.
Moss Stitch Clutch
Yarn: Laines Du Nord - Cleo (29)
Needles: Clover 7
Needles: Clover 7
Started: June 3, 2007
Finished: June 8, 2007
Still needs the lining, which I'm hoping will help it stand up a bit more. I may try some things to make it stand up a bit more on its own. This represented not only my first attempt at creating my own pattern, but also my first success with moss stitch...it always had large holes in it before.
----------------
So here's your chance to vote (unfortunately it'll have to be in the comments section, I couldn't figure out how to embed a poll). Anyway...will it be a finished Chip Bag or Moss Stitch Clutch that I carry at B's rehersal dinner?
S






1 comment:
Oohh...I don't know.... Moss stitch clutch? I like them both.
Post a Comment