Sunday, June 24, 2007

Three More FOs

I finished three more dishcloths recently, and have the pics for all tonight. The first is a rescue dishcloth because the washer ate its original form of the unicorn dishcloth. So, I did a redo as a grandmother's favorite dishcloth. It's a little sad looking as the cotton has already been washed, but I'd rather reuse. Sadly, another dishcloth bit the dust in the washer, but the cotton was not salvagable. Hmmmm...what is the washer saying to me?



The second cloth, and its detail shot, is the mid-monthl KAL from Monthly Dishcloths. I am pleased with this pattern and would love to do it in a scarf or as a detail on a sweater trim.



The final cloth is the Rachel's Knitting Room pattern for June. It's a cute one, although they recommended doing it with a variegated yarn, and I'm not sure that was the best recommendation as the message gets a little lost. Maybe done with a more subtle change in variegation it comes out better, and I am anxious to see how others had their cloths turn out because I do heart KALS.



Coming soon, a poncho update!

- B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I haven't knit any dishcloths yet but they seem like great, quick knits!

DawnK said...

Nice job, on all of your cloths! I'm sorry that your washer is destroying your knit cloths, though. I don't have any advice for that.

stitchin' girl said...

Your cloths look great!! I love the yarn you chose for the Moss Ivy cloth - it is so bright and sunny.

knitting harvest said...

You do these so quickly! They look great as always. Sorry for the washer. I have no idea what to do to prevent the washer from eating them.

S

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry also about your washer. Can I recommend a knit mesh washer bag that you put hose or panties in to run them through the washer.
Works for any small items and keeps them all in bag together.

Anonymous said...

I love the colour of the KAL..I have a niece who loves orange and started her "bottom drawer"(hope chest)I wonder if you might remember the yarn used...make and colour...thanks